We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and will strive to ensure:
- that the school provides a safe environment for children and young people to learn;
- that the required systems and procedures are in place to identify children and young people who are suffering or likely to suffer significant harm.
- and will take appropriate action with the aim of making sure they are kept safe both at home and at school. All concerns are recorded on a safeguarding concern form.
Please see the Safeguarding Poster which shows our safeguarding team.
PDBW Student Voice
Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare (PDBW) is a crucial aspect of school life. For any school to provide the opportunities for successful achievement PDBW must be strong. Since September there have been many changes to the different features of PDBW within our school.
These changes have been:
- A new fence to protect students at break and lunchtime.
- Changes to lunchtime procedures
- New Assistant Headteacher for PDBW and an Associate Leader for Safeguarding
- A new Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
- A new delivery for PHSCEed(Personal, Health Social, Citizenship and Economic Education) – called Enrichmentland
- New school ethos – Everyone exceptional, Every Day
- New school values:
- Focus on British Values of:
- the rule of law;
- individual liberty;
- Mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith.
- Knife Crime Awareness Assemblies
- Lots of campaign and awareness posters displayed around school.
- Assemblies based around topical issues and awareness days.
- Session delivered by WYP and the Youth Intervention Team
Therefore, we would like to have some student voice feedback which looks at how safe students feel at Newsome High School.
Please click on the appropriate link [for students only].
Assistant Headteacher for PDBW
Educate Against Hate
Mental Health and Wellbeing
Equality and Diversity
MESMAC – Sexuality Support