- The pandemic has meant that all schools nationally have to prepare for different methods of teaching and learning and this is defined as ‘blended learning’. Throughout the ‘new normal’ period we are all living in, it is vital that education continues whatever happens. All students should already be familiar with their Google Classroom log-in details – if you need these, please contact the school.
If my child is told to self-isolate or if the school closes for a year group/all students
- You/your child will be told at the very earliest time – please note this may be over a weekend depending on the specific situation.
- Your child will be given specific work that will be dropped into the year group folder.
What/how will they learn?
- Students will have access to the Google platform (see guide here) and will have work set for them.
- Please appreciate that if there isn’t a full closure that teachers may not be able to communicate to your child as well as teaching students that may still be in school.
- Ensure you have given the school your up-to-date details including your email address – this is key!
- Ensure you and your child knows their Google account username (email address) and password.
- Ensure you have your child’s Head of Year email address should you need support. You can access these here.
- Make sure you and your child have explored the Google Classroom in advance – failing to plan is planning to fail!
- The work set in the Absence Google classroom is in addition to the independent learning set on Classcharts or Google Classroom which your child should also be completing
- Year 10 and 11 students should also be continuing to review learning using GCSEPod and any other subject specific platform or material
Head of Year Contacts
It is vital that a clear communication line is created so you get through to the best possible person in school. Below is a list of all the Pastoral Leads in school. Please note that these staff are busy during the day supporting students in school and understanding must be had on response times.
- Year 7: Miss Brook, [email protected]
- Year 8: Mrs Hirst, [email protected]
- Year 9: Miss Jones, [email protected]
- Year 10: Mr Sinclair, [email protected]
- Year 11: Miss Gledhill, [email protected]
Head of Curriculum Area Contacts
It is vital that a clear communication line is created so you get through to the best possible person in school. Below is a list of all the Curriculum Leads (Head of Department) in school. Please note that these staff are busy teaching during the day and it must be appreciated that you will not get an instant response.
- English: Mrs Stokes, [email protected]
- Maths: Mr Jesson, [email protected]
- Science: Mr Frisby, [email protected]
- Languages: Mrs Fox, [email protected]
- Humanities: Mr Carr, [email protected]
- Creative & Performing Arts: Miss Cole, [email protected]