Information Regarding our COVID-19 Safety Strategy
- Please click here for all live communication to current NHS parents/carers.
- Please click here for our Addendum to Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy (COVID-19)
- Please click here for a flowchart on COVID-19 symptoms for Parents to follow
- Please click here for a flowchart on COVID-19 school isolation for Parents
- Please click here for a children’s guide to Corona Virus.
- Please click here for more information on ‘Chat’ – a new service from C&K Careers for 13-24 year olds and their parents. Whether it’s your future, college, apprenticeships, your options or something else… You can get information, advice, support and guidance on the phone, by email or Facebook chat from careers advisers.
- Please click here for a Well-being guide – ‘Looking after your Feelings & Body during COVID-19’
- West Yorkshire Police – What is Cuckooing?
- NSPCC – Staying Safe at Home during Lockdown
- NSPCC – Staying Safe throughout Lockdown
- C&K Careers – Chat Poster
Key Contact Details throughout COVID-19;
- Safeguarding Queries – 07464841784 (Mr J Hinchliffe), 07808342516 (Mrs J Robinson), 07834516808 (Mrs G Wood) & [email protected]
- Free School Meal Queries – [email protected]
- E-Learning Queries – [email protected]
- Student Well-being – [email protected]
Useful information and links for Parents/Carers;
- PDAP Guide to Services 2020 Web
- House Party App – What Parents Need To Know
- Supporting Children with their Mental Health
- Local Virtual Church Services available to Parents & Students
A Special Thank You….
Newsome High School would like to say a huge thank you to Vicky and Adam Metcalf who have refurbished and donated laptops to the school for us to loan to students who need help and resources to access the E-learning platforms. Adam, who is a director at Westminster Controls Ltd, made this statement to the school:
Westminster Controls Ltd is a small company of 24 employees based in West Yorkshire who deliver bespoke Building Management Systems, from design, installation & commissioning through to maintenance & support. As a small company we’re aware of the impact we can make to those less fortunate than ourselves. During the current crisis we saw the need from schools for laptops, so were able to refurbish 4 laptops and provided them to the school for use by disadvantaged students.
Westminster strongly believes in education and training, and have taken on a new apprentice every year over the last 8 years. We hope that the laptops provided will help to enable young people to continue to receive quality education.
We are extremely grateful as a school for this generous donation and the positive impact that this will have for our students.