Equipment for Learning
There are students in schools up and down the country that don’t know how to appropriately dress when attending their first college or job interview. There are also students that haven’t been trained in the equipment needed within the workplace to ensure an organised and successful career – this is a disservice and our students need to be ready for employment and ready for success.
Equipping Students for a Successful Career
It is vital that students understand the range of equipment and tools needed for employment in order to instil good organisational skills. Having the correct equipment is also important to ensure lessons run smoothly with no disruptions to learning and equipped with the necessary tools to learn. These include:
- Passports to Learning
Looking the Part
It has become increasingly apparent that some of our students have not been appropriately dressed and equipped in order to best prepare them for the future. There are a significant number of students wearing extremely short and revealing skirts, heavy make-up and trainers. If we don’t educate students on what professionalism looks like, this limits the skills and knowledge needed to prepare them for a successful future.
- Clip on tie
- White school shirt
- Black trousers and black (knee length)
- school skirt
- Black tights or socks
- Black shoes or plain black pumps*
- School bag of choice
*Pumps should not have any branding and should be plain.
- Blazers must be worn on the corridors and public places at all times. When working in the classroom or subject area, the Blazer can be removed and placed on the back of a chair or hook.
- Blazers must be Trutex blazers available only from Term Time Wear who have a shop in Huddersfield.
- The tie must be worn at all times.
- The rain jacket/outdoor coat must be removed on entry to the school building.
- No pin badges allowed, with the exception of the school reward badges and Duke of Edinburgh.
- No polo shirts allowed.
- No fashion accessories allowed such as large belts , bangles , bracelets , hats/caps , and scarves.
- All uniform items should have the student’s name on the inside label.
- Smart Black Trouser must be worn NO jeans , leggings , tracksuit bottoms , shorts or culottes.
- Smart black shoes or pumps with no branding – NO trainers.