The Governing body is made up of people from different groups, including parents, teachers and other staff which include the local authority, local business and community. A governor’s term of office usually lasts for four years.
The role of Governors is to provide a strategic view of the school, to ensure accountability and to be a critical friend. The Governing body is responsible for the overall direction of the school. It is not responsible for day to day matters which is the responsibility of the Headteacher Mr Dean Watkin. Governors also set and monitor targets, the school budget and the effectiveness of policies to ensure all students have a broad and balanced curriculum.
Our Governing Body consist of of:
- Chair of Governors: School Improvement & Education background.
- Vice Chair of Governors: Accountancy & Finance background.
- Staff Governors: Specialist Provision and Drama backgrounds.
- Parent Governors: Law, finance and business backgrounds.
- Co-Opted Governors: Community Cohesion, business and education backgrounds.
- Dr Lesley-Anne Pearson (Chair)
- Mr D Baxter (Vice Chair)
- Mr D Watkin (Headteacher)
- Mr A Briggs
- Mr R Payne
- Mrs C Burdett
- Mrs F Sobo-Allen
- Miss A Wright
- Mrs S Easby
- Mrs S Simpson
- Mr A Manohar
- Mr M Heaton
If you would like any information about becoming a governor at Newsome High School School then please contact the Chair of the Governing Body, Dr Lesley-Anne Pearson, via the school.
Governors can access the Governor Dashboard on the link below: